The train was in operation between 1989 and 2015.
During those 26 years, it carried around 1,160,000 passengers.
- First train format completed.
Began operating as a group charter service between Osaka and Sapporo.
- Second train format completed. Began operating four times a week as a special train service. General ticket sales began.
- Extra car of A-Class private rooms added. (Train lengthened to nine cars)
- Third train format completed. Began operating 250 days a year in its new format.
- 2001 - 2002
Renovated, with a focus on the interior.
- Service between Osaka and Sapporo discontinued.
- 11 cars
- - 9 passenger cars
- A-Class private rooms: 2 cars
B-Class private rooms: 3 cars
B-Class berths: 2 cars
Salon car: 1
Dining car: 1
- Generator car: 1
- Locomotive: 1
Capacity: 130 people