A trip of myths and spectacular natural scenery
- One night & two days, one-way trip.
- Departure stations
- Shimonoseki Station
- Final station
- Kyoto Station / Osaka Station
- Via Sanin Line
- Sightseeing Places
- View Spots
- TWILIGHT EXPRESS MIZUKAZE Route
- Departure / Final Stations
- Sea of Japan, Western Sanin Region / Fukawa Bay
- Between Nagatoshi Station and Kiwado Station
- An inlet located in the Kita-Nagato Kaigan Quasi-National Park. Omi-jima Island, which lies across the bay, has a wealth of spectacular sights, including caves, stone pillars and shore reefs. It is known as the Alps of the Sea.
- Izumoshi Station
- A visit to Izumo Taisha Shrine, famous for its dedication to the god of marriage and god of fortune in Izumo, which is known as the land where gods gather and as the home of legends.
- Visit to Izumo Taisha Shrine
- Sunset over Lake Shinji
- Lake Shinji has been selected as one of Japan’s top 100 sunset spots. The color of the lake surface changes throughout the day, and is at its most breathtakingly beautiful in the evening, when tinged deep red by the setting sun.
- Mt. Daisen (Daisen-Oki National Park)
- From Hoki-Daisen Station, the train runs on the Hakubi Line for a short time. Mt. Daisen, the Chugoku region’s highest peak, is also called “Hoki Fuji”. Enjoy views of this stunning mountain and traditional rural landscapes throughout the seasons from the train windows.
- Tottori Station
- Tottori - a city with rich natural surroundings
Enjoy the natural sand dunes, which display a beautiful wave pattern created by the wind, and the stunning sand sculptures at The Sand Museum created by sand sculptors from around the world.
We will also visit Jinpukaku, a chalk-white French Renaissance-style building constructed in the Meiji period (1868–1912) and named by TOGO Heihachiro.
- Visit to The Sand Museum, and stroll on Tottori Sand Dunes (April to November)
Visit to The Sand Museum – with commentary about the exhibits from a guide
- Visit to Jinpukaku.
… See the imperial chamber, which is not normally open to the public, and watch the performing folk art of Kirinjishimai, which is a kind of lion dance
- Higashihama (Global Geopark)
- Between Higashihama Station and Iwami Station
- This nature park has Global Geopark status. Enjoy the beauty of the many geographical features which were created over millions of years by the formation of the Sea of Japan.
- MIZUKAZE bus
- The exclusive MIZUKAZE bus takes guests to and from the sightseeing places. The design was supervised by Kazuya URA, the same designer who oversaw the design of the train. The exterior is MIZUKAZE green, with gold emblem lines. The interior has the same carpet design as the train, and green seats to give it a relaxing atmosphere. The bus is pleasant to ride, and it takes you to sightseeing places full of appeal. On the Sanin Course (Shimonoseki-bound) and the Sanyo Course (Shimonoseki-bound) it is also used to transport guests from Shimonoseki Station, the final stop, to Kokura Station.