A trip following great writers and tracing historical events
- One night & two days, one-way trip.
- Departure stations
- Osaka Station / Kyoto Station
- Final station
- Shimonoseki Station
- Via Sanin Line
- Sightseeing Places
- View Spots
- TWILIGHT EXPRESS MIZUKAZE Route
- Departure / Final Stations
- Kinosaki Onsen
- Kinosakionsen Station
- A hot spring town with a history stretching back to the Heian period (794-1185).
Enjoy strolling through the traditional streets loved by many of Japan's great writers and the places associated with them.
- Visit to Eikitei in Yutouya Ryokan (Japanese-style Inn).
… Members of the Imperial Family have stayed in this distinguished guest house.
- Visit to Room 26 in the ryokan Mikiya.
… The famous Japanese writer Naoya Shiga stayed in this room.
- Local traditional craft-making experience
… 1. Straw craftwork - Attach straw handicrafts to wind chimes and other objects
2. Leatherwork - Make original small leather items
- Amarube Viaduct
- Between Yoroi Station and Amarube Station
- This approximately 40-meter-high bridge in Kami-cho, Hyogo Prefecture, is an outstanding spot from which to view the vast Sea of Japan and the beautiful mountain ranges.
- Sea of Japan, Western Sanin Region
- Near Orii Station
- Located on the western tip of Shimane Prefecture’s Hamada City, this white sand coastline stretches 1 km from east to west, and is a popular bathing beach in summer. It lies just in front of Orii Station on the Sanin Main Line.
- Hagi Reverberatory Furnace (World Heritage Site)
- Between Koshigahama Station and Higashi-Hagi Station
- As part of their efforts to strengthen their military power, the domain of Hagi built this melting furnace for the casting of iron cannons. A registered World Heritage Site, it is an important example of industrial technology in its time.
- Hagi Station / Higashi-Hagi Station
- Hagi, a town which cherishes and passes down its history and traditions.
A visit to Fusoan Miwagama, the workshop of Kyusetsu Miwa 13th generation (the son of the Living National Treasure Kyusetsu Miwa, 11th generation) who makes Hagi ware - pottery with a history of over 400 years, and a visit to places connected to Shoin Yoshida, an intellectual who was influential in the Meiji Restoration (1868).
- Visit to Fusoan Miwagama.
- Visit to Shoin Shrine / Shoka Sonjuku (World Heritage Site). Lecture and commentary by the Shinto priest.
* Shinto ("the way of God") is the indigenous faith of Japanese people.
- Sea of Japan, Western Sanin Region / Fukawa Bay
- Between Nagatoshi Station and Kiwado Station
- An inlet located in the Kita-Nagato Kaigan Quasi-National Park. Omi-jima Island, which lies across the bay, has a wealth of spectacular sights, including caves, stone pillars and shore reefs. It is known as the Alps of the Sea.
- MIZUKAZE bus
- The exclusive MIZUKAZE bus takes guests to and from the sightseeing places. The design was supervised by Kazuya URA, the same designer who oversaw the design of the train. The exterior is MIZUKAZE green, with gold emblem lines. The interior has the same carpet design as the train, and green seats to give it a relaxing atmosphere. The bus is pleasant to ride, and it takes you to sightseeing places full of appeal. On the Sanin Course (Shimonoseki-bound) and the Sanyo Course (Shimonoseki-bound) it is also used to transport guests from Shimonoseki Station, the final stop, to Kokura Station.